“O God, the almighty divine healer, bless me with the art of healing. Strengthen me with your Holy Spirit. Let the knowledge acquired be bright and illuminant, and second to none. Let there be physical, mental and spiritual health for every one I touch”
“By his stripes we are healed” Isaiah 53:4-5
I have been pursuing the priestly healing ministry of G-d for over 38 years. What I usually say is that G-d decided to use me as an instrument of His healing ministry: A disciple of the “wounded Healer”
G-d uses the healers as instruments of healing because God is Spirit and He chooses certain people to accomplish His purpose. Why He chose me, I don’t know . He’s been using people throughout history, all through history. Every decade he has used other people in ministries. All the way from His apostles down to every generation, there have been instruments of healing. But Jesus is the only healer, the wounded healer.
Let me give a brief history of my career:
After finishing the MBBS (Basic Medical qualification) from the Trivandrum, Medical College, Kerala, India, in 1973, I joined the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) in the directorate of Health services and worked as a Research Medical officer till 1977.
In 1978, I went to UK and worked in various NHS Hospitals- North Shield, Tyne mouth, Newcastle upon Tyne, Guildford-Surrey, Lewisham-London, Manchester, and Ipswich in Suffolk, till 1986.
I got my Post graduate qualifications from the Royal College of Surgeons in Glasgow and London (FRCS and DLO) in 1980s.
I was fortunate to be trained by the eminent ENT surgeons of UK at that time. I consider it as a blessing to work with the pioneers in the field of Ear Nose and Throat Surgery in UK.
In 1986, I joined the Bahrain Defence Force Hospital (Military Hospital) in the Kingdom of Bahrain. For 18 years I worked as a Consultant ENT surgeon there. I was the ENT surgeon to the late Amir Sheikh Isa Bin Salman Al Kahalifa and H.H. the King of Bahrain Sheikh Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa as well as members of Bahrain’s Royal Family.
I came back to India in 2004 and worked as ENT Surgeon at the SUT Group of Hospital, Trivandrum, Kerala, South India (From April 2004 to September 2010).
Since September 2010, I work as the consultant ENT Surgeon at the Jubilee Memorial Hospital, Palayam, Trivandrum, Kerala, South India, which is Christian mission Hospital serving the poor and needy.
God and doctors work hand in hand.
My Special Surgical Experience:
Apart from all routine Ear Nose and Throat surgery, I have been trained in plastic and Laser surgery and now I am more interested to perform sleep disorder and cosmetic surgery of nose and ears.
Snoring and Sleep apnea Surgery: Laser and RF Coblator
I got extensive experience ( more than 16 years ) with Laser Surgery in ENT, mainly in treatment of Snoring, Sleep Apnea, Nasal Allergy etc. Also RF Coblator surgery – CAUP, turbinoplasty,painless paediatric tonsillectomy, coblator channelling, BOT reduction etc. http://snorefreesleep.com/
Cosmetic Surgery of Nose and Ear : Rhinoplasty and Pinnaplasty
Also wide experience in cosmetic surgery of Nose and Ear (Open Rhinoplasty – Augmentation and Reduction procedure) and Pinnaplasty.
My other field of interest includes painting. His paintings contain images that are based on traditional religious and spiritual Tantric symbols with a Christian perspective. I have conducted several of his own exhibitions in India and abroad. I am interested in kundalini Yoga. http://spiritualzone4u.com/
1984: FRCS (ENT) from the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians, Glasgow, U.K.
1981: Diploma in Otolaryngology from the Royal College of Surgeons, London, U.K.
1973: MBBS, Trivandrum Medical College, University of Kerala, India.
Experience in United Kingdom (National Health Service)
1978 – 1987: Senior House Surgeon, Registrar and Senior Registrar in the following hospitals:
- Tynemouth Victoria Jubilee & Preston Hospital, Tyne and Wear, UK.
- Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK.
- Salford, Hope Hospital and Royal Manchester Hospital, Manchester, UK.
- Lewisham Hospital, London, UK.
- The Ipswich Hospital, Suffolk, UK.
- Bahrain Medical License, Ministry of Health, Bahrain Registration No: 1413
- General Medical Council, UK Registration No: 2458715
- Medical Council of India, New Delhi, India Registration No: 14440
- Travancore – Cochin Council of Modern Medicine, India Registration No: 6878
- Membersip in IMA and PPS scheme
Matha, Pitha,Guru, Daivem (God) – First three are visible for us and are/were with us.God exists within us.
1951. Born to a village mathematics school teacher, in a remote village called Nedungapra near perumbavoor not far from where Adi Shankara was born. He was fondly called “kutty sar”, (may his soul rest in peace). I am grateful to him for enduring much hardships educating me from humble surroundings, so too my late mother who was very loving(may her soul rest in peace)
My parents (May their soul RIP)
1973. Passed out from Medical College Trivandrum, Kerala, India – have good memories of being the Arts Club Secretary and involving in other extracurricular activities like painting.
1978 on wards. U.K. – I cannot express enough thanks to my consultants like Mr. Neil Weir, David Wright, John Cherry, Carol Wengraf, Bernard Juby, and David Meikle who were my mentors in my ENT career.
1986 onwards. My deepest gratitude goes to my friend and boss, Dr. Sheikh Salman Al Khalifa who trusted me and helped me become what I am now. My special thanks goes to Dr.Tariq Hameed, the Chief Surgeon to H.R.H. the King of Bahrain, who introduced me to the Royal family and to treat the Late Amir and the Present King H.R.H. Sheikh Hamad. I am honored and blessed to be known to them and thankful for their kindness. How can I forget Colonel Sheikh Salman Bin Hindi, the Governor of Muharaq who is like an elder brother to me.
2004 onwards. Dr Bharathachandran, the Managing Director of SUT group of Hospital gave me the opportunity, on my return to India to work in his hospital. My deepest gratitude goes to him.
With Archbishop Most Rev.Dr.Susapakiam
2010 September onwards.Most Rev.Dr Susapakiam, Archbishop of Trivandrum, Mon.Rev Fr.Eugine Periera, Fr.Andrews Kosmos(MD),Fr.Sony, Martin Sar and all the priests and sisters of Catholic church who inspired me and accepted my service and skill to be provided for the poor and middle class people who will get “affordable” ENT treatment at the Jubilee Memorial Hospital, Trivandrum, Kerala, South India.
Also I wish to express my sincere appreciation and thanks to those helped me to do some work in the field of Art, particularly Tantric paintings , and Masters of Tantravidya peedam who gave me some insights into Kundalini Yoga.
I thank my son Jose, a private equity and financial advisory professional, who has always provided me support and understanding about the new world of finance and I wish to thank my loving daughter in law Maria who helped make this site a success. My special thanks to my beloved wife for her constant love and support all these years.
And above all, to the person of the Holy Spirit who is the very reason of my being.
Biodata – paulose-cv 2011
More than 700 videos in You Tube :http://www.youtube.com/user/drpaulose1
Audio visual presentation in Scientific meetings
Asianet-Pulse Programme- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roDRE_paVeI
- Stop Snoring and Save your marriage
- Sleep Apnoea and Driving Accidents
- Cell phone Hazards
- Having “Nose Job done”-Rhinoplasty
- Live health Talks in Visual media-TV shows
- Several articles in National language Magazines on Snoring, Laser treatment etc.
Research and Publications
- Conducted a double blind comparison study of Fluticasone Propionate and Placebo in the treatment of Perennial Rhinitis in Bahrain (Clinical Trial 1991-1992).
- Conducted an evaluation of the efficacy and safety of oral Sumatriptan (Imigran) in the treatment of Acute Migrane (Clinical Trial 1991-92).
- Researched on Otomycosis in Bahrain from April 1987 – March 1988.
- Researched Post-Laryngectomy Aphonia at Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford (1982 – 1983)
- Presented several clinical papers at various conferences
- IMA Meeting Trivandrum-07102011-Snoring and OSA Treatment
- Osteopetrosis (Marble Bone Disease) – Agenesis of Paranasal Sinuses. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) K O Paulose, S. Al-Khalifa, P K Shenoy, S Harris and R K Sharma, November 1988, Vol. 102, pp. 1047 – 1052
- Haemangiopericytoma of the Nasal Septum. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) S. Al-Khalifa, K O Paulose, P Shenoy and R K Sharma, December 1988, Vol. 102, pp. 1168 – 1172
- Odontogenic Keratocyst Involving the Maxillary Antrum. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) P K Shenoy, K O Paulose, S. Al-Khalifa and R.K. Sharma, December 1988, Vol. 102, pp. 1168 – 1172
- Mycotic Infection of the Ear (Otomycosis). The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO)-K. O. Paulose, S. Al-Khalifa, P K Shenoy and R K Sharma January 1989, Vol. 103, pp. 30-76
- Maxillary Antral Lavage – Infiltration and Surface Anaesthesia Compared. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) K. O. Paulose, S. Khalifa, P K Shenoy and R.K.Sharma, June 1989, Vol. 103, pp. 582 – 584
- Vocal Cord Palsy with Ebstein’s Anomaly – Case Report. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) R Krishnamurthy and K O Paulose June 1989, Vol. 103, pp. 626 – 628
- Osteoma of the External Auditory Canal Presenting with Headache. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) P. K. Shenoy, K O Paulose, S. Al-Khalifa and R.K.Sharma July 1989, Vol. 103, pp. 683 – 684
- Pilonidal Sinus of the Nose. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) K.O. Paulose, S Al-Khalifa, P K Shenoy and R K Sharma December 1989, Vol. 103, pp. 1210 – 1213
- Removal of Bronchial Foreign Body Using Dormia Basket – A Case Report. Journal of the Bahrain Medical Society S. Al- Khalifa, K O Paulose, P Shenoy and R K Sharma August 1989, Vol. 1, pp. 30-32
- External Rhinoplasty – An Interim Review (The Bahrain Experience) S.Al-Khalifa, K O Paulose, co-author of the paper presented at the 2nd Middle East Medicare Conference October 1989, Bahrain
- Surgical Treatment of Snoring by Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP). The Journal of Bahrain Medical Society K O Paulose and S. Al-Khalifa April 1990, Vol. 2, No.1, pp. 17-20
- Pre-operative Nasal Preparation – Nasal packing and spraying comapred. The Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) R K Sharma, K O Paulose and S. Al-Khalifa January, 1991. Vol. 106 pp. 39-41
- Turbinectomy in Chronic Rhinitis – Pathology in Focus. The Journal of Bahrain Medical Society K O Paulose December 1991, Vol. 3, No.3 pp. 151-156
- Parotid Duct Stone – Removal by a Dormia Basket – Journal of Laryngology & Otology (JLO) R K Sharma, S Al-Khalifa, K O Paulose and N Ahmed August 1994, Vol. 108, pp. 699 – 701
- Kimuras Disease – Case report – Journal of Laryngology and Otology (JLO) Nalinikanth, SA Al Khalifa, A.Darwish, K.O.Paulose, Nissar Ahmed and Hisham Y November 1996, Vol. 110
- Infantile Fibromatosis – Clinical Record – The Jornal Laryngology and Otology (JLO) Waleed Jenahi, Abdulla Darwish, K.O.Paulose and Salman Al Khalifa March 1999, Vol. 113, pp. 246-249